It’s pretty obvious that Microsoft is looking at 2013 for the release of their next generation Xbox console. I’ve been reading a ton of rumors out there, and I wanted to consolidate some of them and re-iterate some that seem pretty likely.
1. It’ll be out in 2013 – There is a lot of speculation that 2013 E3 will be the premiere of the new xbox.
2. Some codenames for the new box might be the Xbox “Loop” or Xbox “Durango” – Microsoft doesn’t usually use their code names as the final product name. For example: Kinect was originally called Project Natal.
3. Cloud storage and no discs – I’ve been seeing on a lot of MS rumor sites that they are considering using an all internet delivery/gameplay system. While I can see that as cool since I love being able to download games whenever I feel like it, but that would essentially kill the used games. I also am cautious about how MS will market this. Having all digital games would indicate that games would be cheaper since you don’t have to pay for things like plastic and box art. However, on demand games are usually not that much cheaper. This also leads me to think they’re considering killing off the whole MS points thing which sucks anyway.
4. Windows 8 – One of the more interesting ones out there, but considering MS is going with an single OS ecosystem on its computers it would make sense to have a similar experience on their gaming console. Would be an interesting move to offer all of the Win8 apps and options on a T.V. console.
5. Lots and lots of Kinect – Love or hate it, but Kinect is here to stay. MS crushed the motion controls market and the last update added more Kinect functionality. I’m sure games will all have voice controls and you’ll be able to do even more gesture things with the new Xbox.
As I read about any other things I’ll post them up here. I for one am looking forward to checking it out.
I’ve been on this planet for 31 years and about 25 of those have been spent playing video games. Now that you read that you are clearly jealous. Despite all of the games I have played, there area I have always had this list of games I have never beaten. This year I’ve decided I’m going to start a “bucket list” of games I want to beat. This is the list of Nintendo list. (more…)
Decided to become an audio snob recently. So after doing some research I found a DIY project that, in the end, leaves you with a pair of headphones that compete with the big boys.This exact mod I did was named “thunderpants” by the original creator (Smeggy) from www.head-fi.org. If done properly, a $100 pair of Fostex T50RP headphones will turn into a pair of custom wood headphones which, on frequency charts, match up to $1000+ pairs such the Hi-Fi headphones by Audeze , HiFi Man , Sennheiser and BeyerDynamic.
Having to work in IT means I have to spend countless hours in front of a computer screen. To pass the time I try to listen to as much music as possible. Today I finally put together a playlist of some of my favorite Chiptunes. (more…)
Being at a LAN can be a really fun time, except for your stomach. Combining caffeine and usually crappy food can lead to an out of shape, sick gamer. But there is hope, there does exist snack food that isn’t horrible for you AND tastes pretty good, while not impacting your gaming. (more…)
Any person my age remembers Lazer tag. Going to some park or game center to run around in a dark crowded room with a helmet and vest that never fit right. Or crying to mom and dad that you NEED to spend $100 per set for a gun that ran on about 200 AA batteries for 30 mins. Now Xappr is bring Lazer Tag, and I for one and ordering now. (more…)
Since the release of Gears of War 3, we have been playing the “Team Deathmatch” and “Execution” game types on Xbox Live nonstop. For those times when you just don’t have access to an Xbox 360, I thought it would be great to have the map diagrams handy (you never know when a new tactic will pop into your head). I was unable to find the complete set of diagrams when searching the internet so I decided to make my own. They’re not the highest quality but they should be sufficient for most uses. You can download full the map diagram pack here. Enjoy!
Live broadcasting by Ustream
So Patch and I purchased Catherine for Xbox 360 yesterday and spent a good 5 hours playing(on hard mode). After 5 hours we only reached level 2 and were mentally exhausted. However, I am not saying this is a negative as it called for something that games in the past few years have been lacking, which would be skill , brainpower and teamwork with friends. Its the type of game you think about how to beat when your sitting down at the dinner table and just want to go back and beat it. (more…)